About Stardoll's New Look 2014


  Just a few minutes ago I refreshed my page and to my surprise, Stardoll has a new look. This is quite a big change, in my opinion, the biggest since the 2010 makeover. In this post, I'll explain the good things and the bad things about this change. Feel free to share your opinion the comments.

   Let's start with the tabs bar. 


  • It's black now! - Everyone knows that black is always in, so this color change is a timeless and sophisticated choice. I think the black kind of clashes with the rest of the page which is all light colors, but who knows, maybe that means there's another update coming? I had always enjoyed the light, bright feel of the old look, it added to the kid friendly atmosphere, but that's just my two cents. 
  • Everything's centered! - Getting rid of the borders and individual tabs in exchange for this centered look was wise. I think it's more sleek and definitely modern. It saves room on the side for the gift-o-meter and hopefully space for exciting new tabs in the future...
  • No more Help tab? - One of the first things you'll notice is they're minus a tab, but don't worry. They moved this button to the top of the page (we'll talk about that in a bit). I think that's a good choice, because most older members don't need that big button all the time. Now it's smaller, but just as accessible for new members who need a hand.

   Now let's talk about the medoll box thingy:

  • The Stardoll Logo remains! - It's moved a bit, but the logo is still there and it hasn't changed visually. It's a little bit smaller now though. I think it's presence complete's the new look quite nicely. 
  • A Username mistake? - I don't know if it's just mine, but Stardoll's new look as broken up my username. They need to widen the margins where the username goes, so all the characters can fit on one line. As a perfectionist, this little awkward username mistake will drive me crazy, especially since there's a giant line where it could fit! 
  • More things to click! - Before, this box was just for our currency, starpoint level and to log out, but we have a new addition. As I mentioned above, the help button (previously a tab) has moved to the medoll box. The buttons below the username are as follows, from left to right: Daily tasks, account settings, help and log out. 
  • It moves with us! - Previously, we had to scroll up to see our pretty faces, but now the bar moves when we do. Just like the bottom broadcasting/chat bar, it will always be there now. I think that's a handy new feature I look forward to taking advantage of. 
  • Bigger Currency Trackers! - Now we can see how broke we are in bigger font! It looks we've got a new twist on our stardollar and starcoin tracker. Also, we aren't being asked to add more stardollars anymore, as I see the button for that has been removed. That's interesting...

   Again, I'd like to encourage you to share your opinion about Stardoll's new look for 2014. Do you like the new changes? Is your medoll broken up like E-mazing's? What do you think is coming next? Tell me in the comments.

Thank you for Reading!

9 comments:

  1. That's weird, mine isn't changed at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine hasn't changed either, but I can't wait til it does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why mine is the only one that has changed. Maybe it's because my computer is Windows 8. That's one theory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine's Windows 8.1 and it still hasn't changed! What confuses me is that Stardoll say that they are updating in order of creation. My first account (2010) does not have it. My main account (July 2012) doesn't have it either. However, my side account (January 2012) DOES have it.. Maybe they're just randomising it?

      Delete
    2. The gold thing saying more stardollars is still there.

      Delete
  4. Yeah, i went on my other account and it was changed, but my main account isnt changed. I'm kind've happy about this because I'm persanally not a fan of the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine changed but i don't like it is there a way to change it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of my accounts changed to the new look. I love the new look!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION

Help keep our blog a safe and positive environment for everyone. Please don't use swear words in our comments. Thank you!