Checklist for a Great Blog Post

     I've made a lot of Blog posts in my time. I've also seen a lot of Blog posts and I know how many ways they can go wrong. Everyone has good ideas, but not everyone knows how to put together a post. Then there are those who do, but don't take the time. No matter what kind of blogger you are, your readers are looking for the same thing. Catch their eye, earn their comments and keep them coming back. All you need to do is follow the Checklist below.


    Visual Checklist:


I indented and separated my text into paragraphs

The main body of my text is aligned "justify" (never center)

Titles, headers and closings are aligned "center"

Titles, headers and closings are bolded and/or enlarged

 There are small spaces before and after photos

Some parts of my text are bolded, italicized or underlined

I have at least 1 photo that is relevant to my post

Lists and steps have been numbered or bulleted appropriately

 There is enough visual interest (not too much blank space)



    Content Checklist:


I do not use the same adjective more then twice

I explain things clearly and in detail (use numbered lists when necessary)

I state facts that are backed up by research

If I include my opinion, I am honest, but not offensive

I stay on topic for the entire post (or title the post accordingly)

I have read my post thoroughly before publishing 

My post is 100% free of spelling/grammar errors

I include links to sites I talk about in my post

I credit my sources



Thank you for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION

Help keep our blog a safe and positive environment for everyone. Please don't use swear words in our comments. Thank you!