Multiple Discussion Pages

My Biggest Pet Peeve 

    Most Clubs have more then 1 Page of Discussions, and while that means they have more topics, it doesn't always mean more activity. I've surveyed members of my own club and I've noticed that many of them forget to check the 2nd page of Discussions. It's not their fault.
    I forget too.
    Those topics generally aren't on the first page for a reason. They're not as posted in and therefore not as fun? Maybe. In my club, I hate having more then one page. It bothers me. I try to sort through and get rid of unneeded topics that push it to 2 pages. I notice that if you have more then 2 pages, your club is less active. It's my biggest Pet Peeve and a very important one. I think these tips can help you solve this problem.


  • Set up rules to stop spam/advertising/chain mail topics
  • Have topics for all questions, comments, suggestions, and thank yous to be posted in
  • Make rules so every topic not posted in at least once a week will be deleted
  • Limit the amount of topics a member can post a week, a month, or at once
  • Set up lots of reminders to check the 2nd page: In presentation, poll, guestbook, etc
  • Post in the least active topics and move up the list to the top


    I hope these tips help. I encourage you to keep your Topics under 1 page. It will make it easier to be active and you can see them all at once. Good luck! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION

Help keep our blog a safe and positive environment for everyone. Please don't use swear words in our comments. Thank you!