Club Reviews: Advice, Suggestions & Ideas

Club Reviews

I want to help people improve their clubs, so even if these aren't your clubs I'm reviewing, the advice I will give is for everyone. Just take a look and I'm sure something will help you improve your own club! :)

Club #1: Eclipse.High.RP  
First Impression: It appears to be neat, that the Owner cares, and it has Potential.

Club Name: The name itself is unique, but the idea of a High School Role play is very over used- not to say that this is a bad club, but it might not stand apart from the rest.
Club Presentation: The good; It's short, which might make people more eager to read it. The bold lettering catches your attention. It's short and to the point. It looks organized. The bad; It has spelling/grammar errors. I notice that first. It could have a fancy format, but that's not a big problem. (Visit E-mazingPages) It shouldn't say the club is average, it should say the opposite!
Club Poll: Fail. I'm sorry, but it's VERY simple to make a Poll. Even leaving it blank is better then this club's Poll, which is currently just a bunch of dots "...". I suggest a Poll about the members' opinions on an upcoming event or how to improve the club.
Club Details: I love it. The description is short and catchy. It has a good amount of members and the owner's picture looks quite friendly. Those 3 things are important.
Club Guestbook: It is empty, except for 1 post, which is an advertisement. That's a no-no. That looks like the club is not active. I suggest deleting the advertisement and write a welcoming message instead. That makes a good impression.
Club Topics: An active club is important and the most recent posts were 19 hours ago and 1 day ago. The rest were on average, 6-7 days ago. I suggest holding an active contest. If nothing else works, the owner should be active. Slowly others will join in. I like the choice of Spot Topics, their are maybe too many though. The other topics are very uniform- I like it. There are too many topics though, which is a waste of space, and some have 0 replies. I suggest clearing out. 
Club Sceneries: There are none. I suggest making at least 1 scenery in the club. It should be a welcoming Scenery, which could go on the front page. You can NEVER be too welcoming. Your members should feel loved. 

Overall Opinion: This club seems above average. I think the owner cares a lot about the club and it shows. It's nearly complete and has a lot of potential. I think all it needs is active members. It's worth joining in my opinion! :)

Club #2: Words_On_Paper
First Impression: It looks like an experienced club, with not a lot of wow factor but a lot of effort and a lot happening inside.

Club Name: The name is unique. It relates to the purpose very well and is catchy. Story clubs can be over used, but they can never be over appreciated! There's so much to love!
Club Presentation: The good; It's elegant and has a picture, which is nice. It's easy to read and shares a lot about the club. It mentions things that if read, would make me want to join. The bad; It doesn't jump out at me and I might not read it. It needs some bold lettering or contrast to catch my attention.
Club Poll: It's a classic, simple and helpful poll. It's a bit boring though, mostly because I'm already a member and this Poll has been the same forever. It should be changed to keep members interested in it.
Club Details: It has a great # of members and the owner looks creative and dedicated. The description is inviting and short, but maybe a little too simple. It should be more encouraging or boast about the club just a bit.
Club Guestbook: It's empty, but I don't think that's bad in this case. I think it just means everybody's in the topics. Maybe a welcome message, but it's not always needed.
Club Topics: They appear semi active, but the thing that turns me off is that a spot topic says 2 weeks ago. Especially spot topics shouldn't be inactive. Their are topics with hundreds of posts, which is good. It shows the club is active in that way, and aged. I like the variety of topics and how a majority are stories. I think some games might help members be active.
Club Sceneries: REPEATED ADVICE; There are none. I suggest making at least 1 scenery in the club. It should be a welcoming Scenery, which could go on the front page. You can NEVER be too welcoming. Your members should feel loved. 

Overall Opinion: I was happily surprised by this club. I think the presentation and lack of members is deceiving because It's actually a very cool club and the owner is VERY nice and active. I suggest this club because it reminds me of mine in some ways. I know some day it will be big! :)

Club #3: Twisted_Tales

First Impression: Honestly, a good attempt but possibly not a good club. (Keep reading. I prove myself wrong!)

Club Name: Really cool, and I love it. It sounds fantasy and fun! It doesn't tell me what the club's about though, my guess would be fantasy or stories?
Club Presentation: The good; It's really easy to read and I love the bits of color that pop out at me. It makes it fun and organized. I like the content too, it's inviting and makes me want to join. The bad; The bold lettering is my only bad thing about the presentation. It is hard to read, but I like the idea of bold lettering, so I suggest just changing the font.
Club Poll: I really like it, it's relevant and fun- but also slightly funny!
Club Details: It's a small club so far, but the description is good. It looks official and to the point. I like it. The owner looks like the perfect person for a club like this, which I really like.
Club Guestbook: It has lots of posts, which are friendly discussion between members. I really like that. It feels friendly and homey. It makes me want to join in! 
Club Topics: There's a perfect amount of topics, I love it, but they are not active. Most says 0 replies or are a few days old. I see some talk of contests, which catches my attention. I also like that there are lots of topics for the members to advertise, comment, etc. The topics have a lot of potential.
Club Sceneries: Repeated Advice; There are none. I suggest making at least 1 scenery in the club. It should be a welcoming Scenery, which could go on the front page. You can NEVER be too welcoming. Your members should feel loved. 

Overall Opinion: This club is beyond average. It has a lot of dedicated members and HUGE prizes for contests. I love this club, not only because I'm Co-Owner, but because it's always improving and a great writing environment. :)

THANK YOU FOR READING


1 comment:

  1. may you please review my club too?its called Pearl_Writing

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION

Help keep our blog a safe and positive environment for everyone. Please don't use swear words in our comments. Thank you!