Making Wigs

Making Wigs has been a Stardoll trend for quite some time. I love making wigs. I love to see what other people have created and I've sold some of my wigs to too. I thought I'd share some stuff about wigs. First, here are some great wigs and their creators:
There are so many amazing creators. I think that anyone can create, because there's someone out there that will love it! I'm going to share some of my wigs, which are horrible in comparison to these... but then I will show some tips. First, my wigs: 


When I make my wigs, I either was asked or I feel inspired. It's important to be inspired. I usually look around for inspiration in other wigs. I copy quite a bit, but I always either give credit or make it my own. I'll share some tips when making wigs now. Here they are:
-If you're making a full wig, usually you can make it any color you want. But if you're making a partial wig, you should make sure you have a dye or hair color to match it. It wouldn't be very fun to buy a wig that doesn't match the rest of the hair (Unless that's the look you're looking for...).
-Making the hairline is important. If you look at these wigs, they are pretty far down the forehead. I'd suggest making it pretty far down. Making a hairline can be hard to make realistic. If you don't want to hassle with it, make bangs!
-You can make a wig more artistic and more realistic if you use different shades of the color. For example: Use a light brown, a medium brown and a dark brown. You'll probably want to make the medium shade the main color, then blend the other colors in randomly. I like using this tip.
-Sometimes if a wig is too stiff it looks fake, so try making the wig look wind blown or posed. A tip for posing is you go with the Medolls lines. Curve it around her face. When in doubt, you can always pose your hair to see what it would look like... or use Google.
-You can recreate the same the wig in a different color by wearing it to the Stardesign Hair, then making it show while you cover it will the same parts. I hope this makes sense, lol


I hope you enjoyed these tips and get a little inspiration! Keep designing, everybody! Thanks for reading! :)

2 comments:

  1. Jessica20502 (stardoll)11/15/2012 07:03:00 AM

    i have the hair which is in the top most picture to the left of the blonde hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome, aren't her wigs great? :)

      Delete

ATTENTION

Help keep our blog a safe and positive environment for everyone. Please don't use swear words in our comments. Thank you!