Tips on Club Rules

A lot of clubs make rules. They can be really simple, or really strict and confusing. I want to share some good ideas for rules and creating rules. They were pretty different depending on what your club is for. Hope these help...

Tips on posting Rules:

  1. Always make sure you are clear in what you mean. Don't be afraid to use details.
  2. I think it's good to use a symbol or number to mark each separate rule.
  3. If your rules are basic, I'd put them on the cover. If they're more strict/complex make them a topic so members can ask questions or comment.


Tips on creating Rules:

  1. If you have rules for old topics, your club wont look so inactive. It also might encourage members to be active. You could say after a week a topics deleted or later. Remember to say you'll remind members before you delete.
  2. Making rules that say people can't fight in the club are a good idea. It makes sure your club doesn't get deleted because of fights.
  3. Another good idea is to make rules against spam. Especially those chain mails. They DON'T WORK!!
  4. Some people have rules on Games, what kinds of games and how many games there are. If you're worried about people's feelings then this might be good. I think that for the rating games, it's play at your own risk. (Of course you should never be mean and rate too low!) Also, it'd be good if you don't want a bunch of games to take away from what the club's for.
  5. Advertisements can be a problem too. I think it's sad not to have anywhere for members to advertise. That's why I use SHOUT OUTS. I talk about those in another of my blog posts. A lot of other people have a topic for advertising though...
  6. Make sure that everyone knows that ALL stardoll rules apply. Don't let them get away with cursing or trading/selling accounts. It can get your club deleted. I suggest having a system like so many strikes then they're banned.
  7. If it's a writing club- or any other club- it's good to talk about not copying or stealing ideas. Everything should be original or at least credited to the creator. This is really important.
  8. You could have rules about being active, but I think banning someone for being inactive isn't good. Then you're minus members.
  9. You could have rules about talking about things that aren't club related.
  10. Maybe rules for how to write or how to role play. They might be a good idea so you can understand people, but it might be pretty strict...



Here are my Rules for my Club E-mazingstories:







































All my club members seem to be okay with these. They say these are fair rules. They say they are easy to understand (except for #7) and they say they're awesome... I can't disagree! This is one way to format your rules in a topic.

Here are the Club rules in SD-Designs:










































These are pretty good rules. I consider these more strict rules. Her members say okay to them mostly, they also say "good rules". I think some of the things that make them more strict, also make them not so fun to me. I love the club, but you can't do rating games. That's the 1 I disagree with, but they really do hurt feelings sometimes. This is another way to format rules in a topic.

Here are the Club rules for Words_On_Paper:






These are presentation rules. They are pretty basic, but good. I haven't seen any member comments on these rules, but I think they're fair and pretty generous.

Hope you enjoy these Tips and Examples! 

Thank you for Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION

Help keep our blog a safe and positive environment for everyone. Please don't use swear words in our comments. Thank you!