How to Handle Stardoll Copy Cats


    Everyone is unique in their own way, but not everyone likes to be original all the time. We call these people "Copy Cats". When we see a person copying us, we tend to jump to conclusions, but it's not always bad. Today I wanted to talk about the very fine line between Good copying and Bad copying.
    I got the idea for this post from an example of Good Copying. Everyone has their own opinion of what Good Copying is, but before you copy someone, think about my comments below as I review Club CreationAcademy.

Welcome to CreationAcademy, a new Stardoll Club, owned by user Sillymillie7

   I chose CreationAcademy, because it is very similar to my club, E-mazingstories. However, I felt that Sillymillie7 used Good Copying and I feel that in no way was she stealing my ideas. Allow me to explain what she did right and how she could have gone wrong, but she didn't. 


Good Copying: If you read About CreationAcademy you'll see that sillymillie7 gave credit to E-mazingstories for inspiring things she used in her Club. This is the most important thing, I think, a Copy Cat needs to do. 
Bad Copying: If sillymillie7 hadn't left credit, it would be Bad Copying, because her members would assume she was being original- and that would be lying.


Good Copying: In E-mazingstories I have a contest with 5 rounds called "Miss E-mazingstories" and, as you can see, sillymillie7 is holding a contest called Miss CreationAcademy. The reason this is an example of Good Copying is because she used the idea, but she changed the subjects of the Rounds. 
Bad Copying: It would have been Bad Copying if sillymillie7 hadn't changed the subjects of each round. She should have also left me credit in this Topic for taking my Contest idea, but she didn't, so I did it myself. 

Good Copying: Another example is that sillymillie7 is using my method for organizing Topics. I label my topics ROLEPLAY:, GAME:, CONTEST:, etc. It's good Copying because she doesn't claim this idea as her own. 
Bad Copying: It could be also considered Bad Copying because she doesn't leave credit and she doesn't label every topic. 

   Next time you copy someone, think about what you plan to do so that it's Good Copying. Also, next time you see someone being a Copy Cat, consider that it might not be because the person wants to steal your ideas. Maybe the person is trying to make you feel honored, because if someone likes your idea enough to use it for themselves, you should feel pretty proud. 

    Thank you for Reading! 
 
Please share your experiences with Copy Cats in the comments. 

3 comments:

  1. I did some good copying,in Scarlet High,in my details (btw,why does it take so long to make a review? I'm getting impatient...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you signed up for a Club Review, I'm sorry. I stopped doing them for a while. Thank you so much for signing up though and showing interest in it. I wish you luck with Scarlet High! If you talk to me on Stardoll, I might review your club. :)

      Delete
  2. What about people that copy my suite?

    Kittylovei2

    ReplyDelete

ATTENTION

Help keep our blog a safe and positive environment for everyone. Please don't use swear words in our comments. Thank you!