Time Travel Contest Winner

Recently, I held a Contest asking my members  to make up what it would be like if they were to Time Travel. I just chose the winner of the contest, who wrote a lovely entry. In this post I'm sharing the winning short story with you. While you read, ask yourself; Where would you Time Travel?

Time Travel Contest Winner 
Short Story
I was at Ruby Tuesdays with my friend Abby celebrating for her birthday when it happened. 
We were munching down on Mozzarella Sticks ($4.98) when our waitress, Heather, came over with our ice-cream. But just as we all touched the spoon we were whisked away and ended up on Earth in the middle of London. But it was destroyed and barely recognizable.
"What happened?" Abby asked.
"It looks like a hurricane came through here," I replied.
"Wait. What!?" Heather asked.
"Forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe we just time-traveled," I replied.
"And I didn't get my ice-cream!" moaned Abby.
"Shush! See if a newspaper is around here. We need to find out what year we're in," Heather said, taking charge.
"3079," I replied having found a newspaper.
"You'd think newspapers didn't exist by now," Abby smirked.
"Wait! Look over there!" I yelled.
In the distance I could see two battle lines. So all of us ran over and caught up with a tall man with dark hair.
"What happened?" Heather shouted to him.
"Everyone died. The world experienced 8 plagues." he replied, always keeping his eyes on his enemies.
"SO YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO FIGHT TO THE DEATH!!!???" I screamed.
"We've been at war for years and now only 67 people are left in this world.44 on this side and 23 on theirs. We are winning. And we need the food and water they have." he said.
"Any girls left in this war??"Heather asked.
"One," the man spit out, "on the other side."
"THEN YOU GUYS CAN STILL HAVE KIDS AND THE HUMAN RACE ISN"T DEAD!!" Abby screeched. 
"Don't you see?? The human race will never be able to survive without you guys together! Do you really want everyone to die??" Heather reasoned.
"She is my absolute worst enemy. Why would I do that!?" He laughed.
"OK LISTEN UP!! WE ARE DECLARING A TRUCE!!! NO ONE SHOOT!!! IF YOU DECLARE A TRUCE THEN THE HUMAN RACE HASN'T DIED." I yelled impulsively.
"Why would we do that!?" a tall male yelled.
Suddenly I felt a tugging feeling on my back.
"We're being teleported back!" Heather said.
"Promise me one thing. You will make this truce and you will connect with the only girl left and have kids. I don't want this to be the end of the world," I demanded.
"I will." he said before everything turned black.


I'd also like to honor our Second Place Contest Winner stargazl_04, because her entry was equally lovely. To visit stargazl_04's suite and congratulate her, click on this link: http://www.stardoll.com/en/user/?id=205481511

Thank you for Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATTENTION

Help keep our blog a safe and positive environment for everyone. Please don't use swear words in our comments. Thank you!